Aluminum is one of the most widely used metals. We all know the great qualities of aluminum and also that it is very lightweight. So it is easy to use and hold. It will not give your hand any hand fatigue, but at the same time, it doesn’t compromise on quality.
It is quite strong, durable. It is one of the critical reasons aluminum is such a user-friendly metal and is used almost everywhere – be it in the railways, airplanes, or even in F1 cars.
Aluminum is versatile and has many benefits.
Buying a CNC router:
When you set out to buy a CNC router for aluminum, one of the things you want to see or examine is the material of the router. You want a CNC router that is of excellent quality and build, and a router that is strong and sturdy.
Like most products out there, the variety in the market is incredible and offers you a lot to choose from. You can get baffled by the diverse options available in the market out there. Therefore, we have written this detailed review and guide for choosing the best CNC routers for aluminum.
All the CNC routers for aluminum mentioned in this list are robust, works on most metals, including aluminum. If you are looking for the best CNC routers for aluminum, you are in the right place.
Check out the detailed review to see the pros and cons of this product.
Best CNC Routers For Aluminium:
1. VEVOR CNC Router 3020 (Editor’s Choice)
The first one on the list is the VEVOR CNC router for aluminum 3020. When you buy a CNC Router, you want to be versatile and work on diverse surfaces. Now, even if you only want to work on aluminum, you still want to have a multi-functional router. The VEVOR CNC router for aluminum 3020 just might be what you are looking for.
The dimensions of its work tables are 300 mm x 200 mm and can dig up holes to 50 mm deep. The power supply is approximately 110 V, and up to 200 W of power is produced to make smooth cuts. This CNC router for aluminum comes with four rotary axes so it can be used conveniently.
- – It works on aluminum and other soft surfaces, giving you any shape necessary
- – It can work on wood, plywood, plastic, PVC, wood composites, and many other delicate surfaces.
- – It is dust proof as the metal surface is quite smooth, so there is no chance of sawdust sticking to it, making it easy to clean.
- – the traditional disc mode used to be in CNC routers a while back, but it has since upgraded to a USB mechanism.
- While it has upgraded to the USB mechanism, it might be challenging to use it
Purchase link: https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Machine-300x200mm-Control-Engraving/dp/B07R22HMVD/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=cnc+3020&qid=1575957472&sr=8-1&linkCode=ll1&tag=edgecutter-20&linkId=0f4c98e15fed98a0601c669695bc0001&language=en_US
2. Your CNC 3018 Pro-MAX (Evergreen)
Your CNC 3018 Pro-MAX is a high-end CNC router for aluminum. The surface, made from an aluminum alloy, is quite rough and uneven, making it durable and increasing its longevity. The volume of the Yofuly CNC router for aluminum 3018 Pro-MAX is 400mm x 330mm x 240mm, and the dimensions of the work table are 300 mm x 180 mm.
It can also dig up holes that run as deep as 45 millimeters. The required power to operate is 24 V AC power with 10A current flow. The spindle is designed uniquely with air cooling systems so that you can work smoothly with the CNC router, dig up smooth holes as per your convenience.
- You can position the components along all the three axes with the help of a GBRL software or use it manually for more control and direction.
- The spindle operates quite smoothly and digs up holes in a very smooth way.
- You get a lot of additional equipment with this router for working and repairing things in the long run.
- The software is quite versatile and can work on different Operating systems.
Purchase link: https://www.amazon.com/3018Pro-MAX-Control-Spindle-Engraving-Controller/dp/B0827BNM88/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=aluminum+cnc+machine&qid=1578971697&sr=8-46&linkCode=ll1&tag=edgecutter-20&linkId=8df9f1c78e57e0cd7a5002aca62c2ca1&language=en_US
3. CNC 3018 Pro by Tsemy (Most Affordable)
Another compact router is the CNC router 3018 Pro by Tsemy. It can be installed in your homes. Equipped with the latest technology, it can work on a variety of operating systems such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, and more.
The volume of this compact CNC router is 30 cm length x 18 cm width x 4.5 cm height. There is a GBRL software from which you can control this router. However, that doesn’t mean that you lose control of this router once you are offline. You can still control it when you are offline, which is a great advantage.
- It comes with a manual of written instructions so you can quickly assemble this router
- It can work on a variety of surfaces which makes it a great choice
- The power boards are not efficient and reliable
Purchase link: https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Control-Engraving-Controller-Extension/dp/B07RNZS3YD/ref=as_li_ss_tl?crid=15XC2Y20ZFIEF&keywords=aluminum+cnc+machine&qid=1575957511&refinements=p_72:2661618011&rnid=2661617011&sprefix=aluminum+cnc,aps,357&sr=8-6&linkCode=ll1&tag=edgecutter-20&linkId=7c636554a97937a95cd80a91cd836a85&language=en_US
4. SainSmart Genmitsu CNC Router Machine 3018
The SainSmart Genmitsu CNC router Machine 3018 is a dainty CNC router you can install in your homes. It’s quite an efficient and smart device. It comes with great features and has preloaded parts, so you do not need to assemble everything.
However, you cannot run it manually. You need to run it with a software called GBRL. This CNC router works very silently, which is a significant advantage. Security is ensured for it to last longer.
- Acrylic baffles the sides, so your eyes are protected when you are working on the router. it also prevents the dust from spreading and thus your workplace is always neat and clean
- This Rudra is made of aluminum, which gives it strength and durability and makes it a long-lasting router.
- You can operate it with a remote that’s equipped with this router.
- It might not be as easy to install as it claims.
Purchase link: https://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-Genmitsu-3018-PROVer-Switches-Emergency-Stop/dp/B07ZFD6SKP/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=aluminum+cnc+machine&qid=1578971697&sr=8-25&linkCode=ll1&tag=edgecutter-20&linkId=1ff2c78ff087b20aba993326f91b6b38&language=en_US
5. Bandbox DIY Mini 1310 CNC Router by RATTMOTOR
If you are someone who doesn’t want massive pieces of equipment for routers in your workshop, then the Benbox DIY Mini 1310 CNC router by RATTMOTOR is perfect for you. It’s compact but packs a punch. You can install it in your home or your workshop. The volume of this CNC router for aluminum is 281 mm x 281 mm x 287.5 mm.
It can run on different operating systems, such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and some more. It can work on aluminum, copper, plastic, wood, etc.
- It runs at an incredible speed and digs smooth holes.
- You can control this CNC router with a software called GBRL.
- Instructions written in the manual are not easy to understand, so it might be a difficult task for beginners.
Purchase link: https://www.amazon.com/Engraving-Machine-Cutting-Engrave-Aluminum/dp/B079PNSVB1/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=aluminum+cnc+machine&qid=1578971697&sr=8-3&linkCode=ll1&tag=edgecutter-20&linkId=ced0b7de41142a71700510d64866e3f7&language=en_US
These were five of the best CNC routers you can get out there. It can be confusing to choose one CNC router that will work the best for you, so it is essential to make the right decision.
If you have questions running in your head about these CNC routers, drop them down in the comments section below. For now, here are some frequently asked questions about the best CNC router for aluminum.
Frequently asked questions.
- Will a CNC router work on aluminum?
- Any CNC router will work on aluminum as it can be cut or dig through quite quickly. Therefore, you do not need to worry. 5 CNC routers for aluminum aforementioned will work best for cutting or digging.
- Will CNC routers only work on aluminum?
- Of course not. As we mentioned above, many of these CNC routers work for diverse surfaces like wood, plywood, plastic, wood composites, and so on. Therefore, to think that a CNC router will only work on aluminium is incorrect. It will work on many surfaces, and it is on us to make the right decision.
It feels terrific to work with a CNC router for aluminum to dig up holes and cut other surfaces. It feels more convenient. Since it makes almost no noise, it is easy to dig smooth holes. We know that it can get confusing to select one CNC router out of the many options available, and hence, we decided to make this guide for you and reviewed 5 of the best CNC routers for aluminum out there in the market. Let us know if this helped you. Happy buying!